This blog is dead.

The blog is moving. I no longer intend on posting here or updating this site, but you're welcome to join me at yanatails.blogspot.ca.

hi

Saturday, August 8, 2009

At Our Fingertips

This again, was written for something else... less than 250 words essay; I don't really call this an essay, but it was fun to write anyways, so whatever =D

At Our Fingertips

“The World is At Our Fingertips”; my fingers dance across the keyboard as I type this. Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack, pause. I ponder the truth about this statement. I have spent so many years, minutes, and moments in my life, sitting in front of the keyboard, staring and escaping into a portal that lies in front of me. I have played the piano for twelve years; it has been a magical experience with the eighty-eight ivories that seem to launch my mind into a new dimension. Fingers touch, eyes see, ears hear – but it is my mind that escapes into this world of music, wonder, and knowledge. As I click-clack away at the plastic keys below my fingertips, just at the lower edge of my sight, the mountains of tasks, information, and opportunities that lie in the screen ahead is astounding. With my email inbox full of university notifications, my blog bookmarked on the side, a conversation with a close friend open, and my interactive periodic table alongside my music recording software, this truly is an escape to a world of opportunity, friendships, and accomplishments. As my fingers run around the keys – this really is the key to new dimensions. As my fingers bring this window to a close, remember – the World is at Your Fingertips. I’ll see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey... You used that line for the yearbook! Haha. If you ever publish something in the future, I can probably identify that it is your work immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely written Austin! I love to read (sometimes write) creative short-pieces like this. More specifically, i just love the transition from a casual and fun introduction to a meaningful and philosical conclusion. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete