This blog is dead.

The blog is moving. I no longer intend on posting here or updating this site, but you're welcome to join me at yanatails.blogspot.ca.

hi

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset

My bus transfer reminds me that today is Day 244 in this unforgettable year of '09. A glance at my cell reminds me that already it is September. With all the back to school sales, we are all reminded that school is almost here.

The returning autumn chills remind me that fall is soon approaching; chloroplasts about to fade as the chromoplasts will finally begin to boast their colours and brighten our world – briefly – before white snow once again blankets our country, from coast to coast to coast. And the cycle will continue, once again.

With Staples reminding us that school is just around the corner (but with lined paper at 24 cents per pack, who am I to argue?)*, the commercials pronounce – "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". The excitement of the new world of university catches up with me (as well as the agony of assignments ahead, but hey, let's stay optimistic =D); new courses, new peers, new professors; soon enough, Christmas will be here, and we'll be hearing this song again. The cycle continues.

I once again log onto CBC. Reports and articles speak of new gains, recent losses; new election polls, predictions; updates on the Canadian dollar, strengthening gas prices; and the announcement of the end of our 08/09 recession, the 5 year deficit, and the road to recovery. Politics, economics – the cycle continues.

Down the hall I hear the background music of… Restaurant City; my sister recently joined… Facebook. As I move onto university, she will be starting her first year at JB Tyrrell next year. I start to pay tuition, she begins to buy her locker equipment. We grow, and the cycle continues.

Though I started writing this in broad daylight, it is now already dark. The sun goes up and it goes down. Sunset creeps earlier each day; in a couple months, it'll be creeping later. The cycle continues.

I think about the Grade 12's, the victory lappers; the grade 9's and the little ones; the preschoolers, the infants; soon enough, they'll be making the important decisions in their lives. And they're look to the ever-spinning world, and think to themselves – The Cycle Continues.

"They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know; and I think to myself – What a Wonderful World" – Louis Armstrong

*sorry for the advertisement, it was unintended and used for allusion purposes; the only company I'm supporting at the moment is google… yay Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment