This blog is dead.

The blog is moving. I no longer intend on posting here or updating this site, but you're welcome to join me at yanatails.blogspot.ca.

hi

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Home and Native Land

Today marks 142 years since Confederation, this true north Strong and Free.
Happy Canada Day!

I am just going to say that this is such a wonderful place - there is not any other place in the world - that I would dedicate and commit my life to, and I feel that everytime I do return from a trip outside of our beautiful nation, that even when I do love the world surrounding, I come back with an even stronger love for this country - its people, its nature, its culture, its life.

And wow am I proud, glad, and smiling when I see that flag raised, our national anthem sung, and our sports teams slaughtered [=P... kidding, I think... and except Hockey!!!] - and to go out into the world and say,
I am Canadian.
I am Taiwanese-Canadian.

And the great thing is that being Canadian allows us to share so much with each other, and with the others in the world. And in this great salad bowl, we can always keep our own culture as well - our ideas and our individual selves, and that's what builds this great, great nation. O Canada, we stand on guard for thee =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment