This blog is dead.

The blog is moving. I no longer intend on posting here or updating this site, but you're welcome to join me at yanatails.blogspot.ca.

hi

Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer!: Return of the Blog

Nearly eight months have passed since my last post, though I have written occasional notes on facebook throughout the year. But now that summer is back and first year is at an end, I am returning to my blog, with the goal of frequent posts through late May, June, and early July, while I plan on transforming this site to a travel blog as I head to Taiwan on July 7th.

The last eight months have been a wonderful introduction into university and academia. In addition to the personal freedom of residence life, most of my learning experiences were centered around the McMaster Arts & Science Programme and its community =). As I thrived in the beauty of interdisciplinary education, this year has been a fulfilling and challenging adventure, and I can't wait for the next year to begin!

Anyways, hopefully with new insight, and the recently developed technique of churning out pages in hours, I will keep this blog updated. As a platform for new blog posts, I intend on following three themes this summer, though I definitely won't be confined to them (especially in Taiwan):

If I worked for Google... (weekly post... hopefully)
Well, in honour of being named "most likely to... Work for Google" by the artsci yearbook, and my overall reputation of being a walking Google ad, these posts will allow me to give my opinion on some decisions being made, or how I would approach a problem if given the opportunity. And this seems a little fresher than the classic "if I were PM"... - besides, we all know the Google takeover is pending (about two years and seven months if I'm guessing right), and they're leading the reins in the information age.

My 12 Favourite Beatles Songs (approximately weekly - twelve spreads out quite well across the summer)
Two main reasons. First, I like to center my writing around lyrics, and songs don't get much better than those by the Beatles! Also, The Beatles are the second most visited page on Wikipedia (a fact I learned after completing this quiz =P)! Oh, and second, I can't say I'm not a Beatles fan, and with their music often playing on my cellphone/computer (or just in any public location), I often find myself saying - "[insert song title here] is one of my top ten favourite Beatles songs!" I'm quite sure I've said that to dozens of songs by now, so I've decided to make a list. And they're great for finding something to write about =).

From the Desk of Casper (occasional posts)
Well, to satisfy my love of writing in third person, why not view the world from the eyes of Casper, who currently sits atop my bedroom shelf. If you don't know who Casper is, you don't know me very well =P. But anyways, you'll grow to know him better once he starts to write. Oh, and Casper's a Tiger.

Also, to your left you should see a suggestion box. Powered by Google Docs, you can anonymously send any questions or topics you would like me to answer/write about. Of course, feel free to include your name (which I won't include in the blogpost unless requested), as I might feel more comfortable answering to a person than an anonymous internet fellow, but either way, I'll get to it. Kinda like formspring, but hopefully less creepy and more blogger-like! =)

Anyways, that's it for now. Hope you're enjoying your summer!
ps. Go Habs!
SAVE THE TIGERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment