This blog is dead.

The blog is moving. I no longer intend on posting here or updating this site, but you're welcome to join me at yanatails.blogspot.ca.

hi

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Happy 144 years, Canada! Sadly, I'm not in the country to take part in the festivities... the people here seem to be more excited about some "Fourth of July" weekend. But that's okay, four day weekend for me!

I'll be spending both independence/confederation days (along with the weekend in between) at the Taiwanese American Conference (East Coast division), taking part in the TANG program (Taiwanese American Next Generation). I probably won't have much computer time there, so you won't see my next essay-a-week post until some time next week. Actually, I'm quite behind on a few posts - I've promised that I would blog about:

  • Broadway (Day 2 of New York)
  • An update on my Chromebook (which is still wonderful, I'm typing on it right now)
  • Essay-a-week post for July 1st

I have also planned to write something about Washington DC, which I visited last week, and now perhaps something about the TAC/EC conference. But that will all have to wait. In between lab time, MCAT studying, and learning HTML as I try to build a new site (coming soon!), there isn't too much time leftover, but of my blogging duties, Lizard Tales will remain a priority.

Also, I would love to write a post about Google+, but I'm not in the loop yet. If you or someone you know has a Google+ account, I would greatly appreciate an invite! UPDATE: with many thanks to the inviter and everyone else in the chain of plus invites, I can now be found on Google Plus, but will do much of the fiddling once I get back from the conference. Hope to see you on Google Plus in the near future!

Anyways, I hope you're having a wonderful Canada Day Weekend, or Fourth of July Weekend, and I'll leave you with two wonderful pieces of music with the term "maple leaf".


The Maple Leaf Rag, written and played by the Great Ragtime Composer himself, Scott Joplin.



The Maple Leaf Forever, our unofficial anthem written by Alexander Muir 144 years ago,
sung by Michael BublĂ© during the closing ceremonies of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment